Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Onward and upward!

Wow, it's been a while since I posted...mostly because I'm so dang busy, I can't keep up with anything these days! If you want to have a life outside of triathlon, DO NOT attempt an Ironman. The training schedule is grueling! When I'm not at work, I'm training nearly every morning and every night. I stand by my statement "One and Done". My friends think I have deserted them. Please friends, don't give up on me! My apartment had been seriously neglected lately until the other night when I missed my workout due to horrible allergies. I took the opportunity to clean the entire place. Hopefully it will last another 7 weeks until the Ironman!
Tonight I actually got a night out (with fellow triathletes lol) at the Texasman Triathlon pre-race social. It was a great opportunity to put some names with faces, and meet some new friends. It's great to compare race stories and training strategies. It's also good to know that there are other crazy people out there that attempt this insane training and race distance.
The Texasman Triathlon is this Sunday. Sprint, Olympic and X50 distances are offered. We CdA trainees are doing the X50 distance, but lucky us, we get to add another 6 miles onto the end of the run so we can simulate our Ironman race. The X-50 consists of a 1 mile swim 40 mile bike ride and 9 mile run (so our run total will be 15 miles). It will be great practice for the big dance!
So one of the bragging rights of doing an Ironman is getting an Ironman M-Dot Tattoo, like this:
It's a right of passage, most people put on the back of their calves.
I have redesigned what I may get to look like this, for a IronWOMAN:

How's that look? I may or may not add the CdA info at the bottom. I have a feeling that would have to be too detailed (which means they have to make it bigger to be legible). Since I know my mother would have a heart attack if I tattooed my entire back with this, I think I'll keep it small lol The location on my body is still undecided as of yet also. I thought it turned out quite well though :) Who knew *I* could be artistic?
Thanks for reading...time for all Ironman trainees to get to bed. I get to swim in the morning and bike hills tomorrow night. Yay me. Goodnight all!!

2 comments:

  1. Kris, I can't tell you enough, you're awesome!!!

    Rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your training, please don't stop the updaates.

    ReplyDelete