Tuesday, June 21, 2011

IT'S IRONMAN TIME!

It's here, well almost. All the hard work is about to pay off. I feel ready, except for this minor cold my body is trying to catch (I think it's in shock over the taper weeks). I'll try to post over the next few days but it depends on internet access where I am.

So here's my schedule for the next few days:

Today:
Last day of work
Massage with Robin
Dinner wth friends
Maybe a quick run.

Wednesday:
7 a.m. flight to Seattle
Pick up my beautiful grandkids and my gorgeous daughter, Brenda
Visit with family that is in town also, but will be gone by the time I get back from Idaho
Swim lesson with my friends Heidi and Kathy
Back to Rachel's house to see Hunter, Brett and maybe Rachel if I'm up when she gets off work.
BED!

Thursday:
Cadence and I drive back to Seatac to get on a plane to Spokane. Drive to CdA, get registered, pick up race packet materials, SHOP the Ironman store!

Catch up with my sister and her family that are flying in from Alaska.

Maybe get a short JOG in

Friday:
Hang out with sister and her family
Short bike ride and swim
Athlete dinner
My kids get into town sometime in the afternoon, Kevin gets in late that night

Saturday:
Check the bike in
Robin gets in

Sunday:
Up at 4:30'ish. IRONMAN starts at 7 a.m.!! I am approximating that I will be done NO LATER than 10 p.m. that night, and have rented a GPS that will track me along the entire course. When I receive it in the mail, I will post the link and information you need to track me.

Monday:
Up early to go to the Ironman Finisher's Store
RELAX WITH A BEER IN MY HAND!
Massage by ROBIN!
Boating with my sister and her family, Kevin & Robin

Tuesday:
Fly back to Seattle to spend a few days there before returning to Dallas on Saturday

It's going to be a whirlwind, I'm sure, but I'm ready to get this party started!

WISH ME LUCK! See you all on the flip-side!

No comments:

Post a Comment