Monday, March 21, 2011

Balance - it has disappeared!

My life as I know it is gone, and it will be until June 27. My social life is seriously suffering. Ask my good friend, Robin. She told me today that SHE is tired of my Ironman training lol Really? YOU are tired of MY training? lol Well guess what, I am too! I'm so tired lately. It doesn't help that my cat decides to play under my bed all night long and wake me up constantly. When I have a 5 a.m. wakeup call and he decides to start jumping on the dresser and knocking stuff off at 4 a.m., the squirt bottle comes out! He's not helping matters.

One of my fellow Coeur d'Alene Ironman athletes posted this conversation between she and her husband, on her facebook today:

Michael: "Are you starting to feel like an Ironman?"
Denise: "If feeling like a broken down old lady is feeling like an Ironman, then yes."

And some of the comments to it:

Karen - "That's how it feels. The last 3 months of training are rough."
Kris - "I just want to sleep!!! lol"
Chris - "HAHA.. hang in there.. you guys are going to do amazing."
Jim - "I feel the same way. Well not the lady part. Broken down old man :) Just remember "You can dooooooo it"

And the best of all:
Denise - "It will all be worth it because I WILL BE AN IRONMAN."

Ironman training is crazy, and the next few months are going to be even more out of whack than I can ever imagine. But I know, in the end when I have crossed that finish line, have that medal around my neck and a beer in my hand, every minute of this will be worth it to be able to say "I AM AN IRONMAN!" (Or as I've been reminded by a few people "IRONWOMAN"!

And don't worry Robin, the fun Kris will be back!

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I'm barely hanging on with HALF Ironman training! Kris you are the BOMB.COM!

    ReplyDelete