Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Travel is not conducive to Ironman training!

I don't know why I even pack my workout stuff when I travel. I never use it. I did get ONE run in this weekend when I was in Seattle, but no swims (unless you count the puddles we had to wade through on our run!), no cycling, and no weight training done. I have full access to the Poulsbo Athletic Club if I want, and I know the way to the Bainbridge Pool. I just hate to waste what little time I have with the grandbabies and my daughters with workouts. It seems so selfish to take time away from them. Besides, they're so much fun and I miss them so much! It's really hard to deal with.

The other evil of traveling is food choices. Many poor (but delicious!) ones were made this weekend. Including the most awesome banana cream pie at the Chimacum Cafe'! If you haven't been there, you simply MUST go!




I also indulged in almost all of my favorite Kitsap County locales, including Chungs Teriyaki, Los Cabos, Spiros, and the best breakfast place of all - Sheilas Waterfront Cafe! Oh, and we musn't forget the Cinnamon Martini's at Sono de Vino on the downtown Poulsbo Waterfront! (It's Heidi's fault...)

So I returned to Dallas at 1 a.m Monday morning (up a full 4 lbs!), and ended up pulling an 11 hour day at work. Fabulous. Another missed training day. Sabatoged again.
Today I was back at it with a 3000 yard swim before work this morning and then a 1.5 hour bike ride and 45 minutes of weights after work. Dinner was at 8:30 p.m., as it often is these days. I'm off to bed by 10:30 and will be up at 5:30 to get a 7 mile run in before work, and then hopefully a swim after work, if I don't end up having to stay late again. This work stuff really gets in the way of my training sometimes!

On another note, my USAT Membership packet came this week! Bring on the 2011 Triathlon season and a new age bracket!


3 comments:

  1. Crazy schedule! Sounds like mine, but no time for exercise for me! Just kids, work, and school! Keep it up. The food sounds delicious! Love ya!! Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  2. meemaw all I'm saying is you better take me with you next time!! the food & bev sounds fantastic!

    i agree with the whole work thing getting in our way of training ;-)

    ReplyDelete