Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lost Motivation...

...if anyone finds it, please send it back! I barely made it through my workout today, and that was after I put it off until 3 p.m. today. I worked out 15 hours this week, and 15 hours last week. I so crave a break, but there are just under 90 days until the Ironman. The next few months are going to be brutal! I'm dreaming of the week (or maybe MONTH) after the Ironman, when I can do absolutely nothing if I don't want to. No schedule to follow!

Yesterday was the Ride for Friedreich's Ataxia. If you're curious to what that is, here's the link to their website: http://www.ataxia.org/

I had never heard of this disease, but it follows along the lines of MS. Only 5,000 people in the entire US is afflicted by it. Some of it's victims were at the ride finish to cheer us in. It was very emotional. The 48-mile ride in itself was a struggle - extremely windy and very hilly (yes, there are hills in the Dallas area, contrary to popular belief!), but nothing compared to what these people have to live through on a daily basis. I saw at least 6 of it's victims in wheelchairs. It's hard to imagine what that would be like on a daily basis. And here I am complaining that I "have" to go running. I'm sure some of them would kill just to be be out of that chair and able to go for a walk around the block.

Next weekend will be a challenge to keep the workouts up as I travel to Cincinnati for a wedding, but I have high hopes. My motto for the weekend will be "Just do it!"

But for now, I am going to get some well needed SLEEP!

5 comments:

  1. OMG, all I have to do is get ready for my May 1st half marathon and I don't want to do it; my hip hurts and the weather has been icky. I just don't want to go out there and run any more. You've already done so much to prepare and I'm totally whining over 13.1 measely miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Work it, girl! I'll be cheering you on from Waco!

    <3 <3
    Sar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris.. You got this.. and even beyond Ironman you got it.

    It's warrior mode time.. win or lose.. Go in swinging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's right Kris, keep it up. It's beast mode time...you can and will do this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anybody can do this it's you Kris! You are in great shape and your are up for this. You will feel better after your getaway this weekend.

    ReplyDelete